Quality assurance in technical translation
Quality cannot be made after the translation is finished. Therefore all pre-translation steps are carried out in such a way that a flawless technical translation can be created and quality assurance is a given.
- Selecting and evaluating specialised translators by strict quality criteria
- Translation following DIN EN 15038 (e.g. 4-eye-principle)
- Consequent use of the system solution translation memory as to ensure textual consistency
- Consistent use of special terminology
- Respecting customer-specific glossary / special terms
- Process-oriented quality and project management
Confidence is good, control is better: You can check our quality assurance in technical translation.
How can you assess our quality assurance in technical translation?
Quality assurance in technical translation is part of our quality management. Our processes for quality assurance in technical translations comprise consistent organisational and technical measures serving to create and maintain the defined quality of the technical translation prior to the translation, during the translation and during the translation check. The translation must be correct in terms of content and complete, it must use the terminology correctly, style guides must be adhered to, grammar/punctuation/spelling must be fault-free, the translation memory must be used correctly and must be up-to-date. But just a high translation qualify is not all that makes our quality assurance in technical translation. Quality arriving too late is good for no one. Our quality assurance in technical translation also helps us achieve service quality. Assess our quality assurance in technical translation therefore by the following criteria:
- We keep agreed deadlines
- We stick to agreed processes, for example in order processing, frequency of contact and communication with the translators – no question remains unsolved.
- We keep agreed formatting
- We use state-of-the-art technology
- Enquiries regarding delivered translations are processed without delay
- Our invoices are transparent
Our quality assurance in technical translations lays the foundations for the entire translation process running smoothly and for achieving high quality of your translation. Please ask us for more information about what we can do for you.
We translate technical documents of all kinds – and deliver them in the same layout as the original document.
- Operating instructions/operation manuals
- Specialised texts
- Diagrams/photos/figures containing text
- Assembly instructions
- Safety data sheets
- Bills of material
- Technical data sheets
- Technical documentation
- Maintenance instructions
- Web sites
Our team of technical translators, engineers, DTP specialists and technical drawers work hand in hand so that you will get a high-quality translation of your documents in every format and specifically for your industry.
Qualified, native-speakers technical translators translate your documents reliably acc. to DIN EN 15038.
Our experience project managers handle your projects smoothly. You get consistent technical translations because we always use our Translation Memory system. Upon request we will gladly check if your original texts are fault-free and/or check them for correct content.
Technical translations – interesting facts
The new standard for translation services – requirements for translation services has been published. The successor standard of DIN EN 15038, the ISO 17100:2015 Translation services – Requirements for translation services has been published with the issue date 2015-05. The German version of DIN EN ISO 17100 Translation services – requirements for translation services will be published soon. The standard is available from Beuth-Verlag.
DIN EN 15038 is a quality standard for translation service providers. ADT Zielke perform technical translations according to this European standard which has been passed by the European Committee for Standardization. According to this standard, the translation itself of a technical document is only one of several phases in the translation process for technical translations. Technical translations according to DIN EN 15038 must include both the translation and the proofreading. After the translation phase, technical translations are proofread by persons who are explicitly not the translator. All parties performing technical translations acc. to DIN EN 15038, proofread them and check the content, must have a high level of professional competence.
- Translator training (university degree)
- Comparable training (other subject field) and at least two years of experience in translation
- At least five years of professional translation experience
Proofreaders require additional experience in the subject field for the respective technical translation.
If you want more information about technical translations, please contact us. We gladly answer all your questions. Call us, or send an e-mail.
Translation into almost any language
We translate for you into almost every language, covering a multitude of subject fields, handling many file formats and we guarantee highest data safety.
Our experienced DTP team carefully creates the translated document in the layout of the original document printer-ready. Our technical drawers edit your figures / diagrams / photos.
We plan, coordinate and implement your translation project. Our translation project management team analyses your demand precisely and determines how you can receive your translation in the best, cost-efficient and fastest way. Your personal project coordinator takes care of your translation order until it is completed.
We deliver your translation ready-set and printer-ready. Our experienced and qualified DTP team creates your translation in exactly the same format as your original document.
No matter into which language your technical documentation / your catalogue etc. shall be translated and how many figures/photos/diagrams/tables they contain – you receive your document in the same layout 1:1 completely translated.
Which file formats can you send us?
We create your layout in all common file formats, from Adobe programs to MS Office. We will gladly advise you. Call us, telephone +49 40 5238871-0, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Safety of your data has top priority for us – therefore we handle your data with utmost care. This is how we guarantee data protection.
- Own safe servers
- High quality safety software
- Regular data and system backups by our internal IT department and system administration
- Every employee / translator is bound to confidentiality
- All data are transferred via secure connections
We translate your operating instructions. The operating instructions are part of the product and must be provided in the official language(s) of the country of use. Every manufacturer, dealer, importer in the EU is obliged to translate operating instructions. We support you so that the duty becomes a pleasure and the correct translation becomes a quality point for your product and your company’s image. We ensure high quality of your translation by:
- Following the 4-eye principle acc. to DIN EN 15038
- Native-speaker qualified translators
- Terminological consistency
- Use of company-, industry- and country-specific technical terms
- Comprehensible and correct texts
- Efficient project management with individual support
- Certified quality management acc. to DIN EN ISO 9001
- Use of our Translation Memory system for a consistent translation
- Maintenance of the customer-specific database, if desired
We create an offer for your translation and name a date of delivery. Just send or tell us:
- The source language (original text) and the target language (into which the text is to be translated)
- The desired delivery date
- The original document in the original format (we will keep all formatting of your original file)
- If applicable, your company-internal terminology list
- Your company-internal glossary which shall be adhered to in the translation
- If applicable, your company-internal list of abbreviations/name tags