All manufacturers of machines and systems must meet legal obligations and perform a conformity evaluation procedure. This procedure includes the creation of all technical documentation, measurements, tests, the declaration of conformity, etc.
What are the obligations of the responsible manufacturer?
As soon as you assemble, modify considerably or import components for sale or for your own use, you become the manufacturer – and bear all liability risks according to the Product Liability Act. As manufacturer, you must fulfil all manufacturer obligations that are required for sale or own use of your machine/system.
We support you in all manufacturer obligations – from the research of standards and directives to marking the machine or production line – that are required for sale or own use of your machine/system. And if you want to transfer the manufacturer responsibility to a reliable partner: With Anlagenbau Zielke, we will act as responsible manufacturer for you.
When and under which conditions are you considered the manufacturer of a machine?
You are considered the manufacturer and must meet all manufacturer obligations, if you:
- assemble several machines/components/parts
- intend to sell or use a machine within the European Economic Area EEA (European Union* as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland
- intend to import a machine into the EEA
- import a used machine for the first time into the European Economic Area
- refit a used machine while significantly modifying it
* Member States of the European Union are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom.