Like the operating instructions, the assembly instructions, etc, the maintenance instructions are a part of the technical documentation for the user, by the manufacturer often referred to as external technical documentation. The maintenance instructions inform the user about the product and the correct handling of the product. Important: The maintenance instructions also secure the manufacturer in terms of liability. We support you to make your maintenance instructions comply with laws and standards.
We check and / or create your maintenance instructions for example with the following in mind:
- Have the applicable EU Directives and product-specific standards been taken into account in structure and content of the manual?
- Have the results of the risk assessment been taken into account?
- Have the target groups as per risk assessment been taken into account?
- Have designated use, predictable misuse, residual risks, safety instructions etc. been taken into account?
- Are the maintenance instructions user-friendly?
- Can the costs in creating the maintenance instructions be minimised by a modular design, correct software, etc.?
- Can the costs for translation be reduced by efficient translation management?